Friday 10 January 2014

Dialogue 1

W: Hello sir! Are you dining alone?
C: Yes. A table for one, please
W: Smoking or non- smoking?
C: Non-smoking please
W: I have a table for you. Please follow me. Would you like a drink with your meal sir?
C: Can I see the wine list please? Thank you
W: I can recommend the house red. It’s  a dry wine from the Hunter valley here in New South Wales
C: Ok. I’ll have a bottle of the house red please
W: Certainly sir. Here’s tonight’s  menu. The waitress will be with you shortly to take your order
C: Ok Thank you.
W: Would you like to let it breathe for a little while or shall I pour it now?
C: I’ll have a glass now please
W: Are you ready for me to take your order?
C: Yes. I’ll have the T-bone steak please
W: How would you like it cooked?
C: Medium rare
W: Ok. That is served with our seasonal vegetables and your choice of jacket potato or chips
C: Jacket potato please. I haven’t had jacket potato for a long time
W: Ok. That’s one T-bone steak medium rare with seasonal vegetables and a jacket potato
C: Yes, thank you
W: Is everything ok sir?
C: Yes, that was delicious thank you
W: Would you like some dessert? We have cheese on biscuits, fresh apple pie and chocolate éclairs
C: Oh yes. I’ll have a chocolate éclair please
W: Can I get you anything else?
C: Yes, I’d like a cafe latte please
W: I’ll bring it to you in a moment
C: Could I have the bill please?
W: Certainly. I’ll get it for you. Would you like to pay now or shall I charge it to your room?
C: I’d rather pay now please
W: I will be back with the bill
W: Ok. So you had T-bone steak, a bottle of the house red, a chocolate éclair and a cup of coffee. That will be 36.74
C: Is service included?
W: Yes. That includes tax and 10% service charge
C: Here’s 40 dollars. You can keep the change
W: Thank you very much
C: Thank you. Good bye
W: Good bye

No comments:

Post a Comment